“Scenic Lucas Valley Road” is a grassroots community organization dedicated to protecting one of the most scenic corridors in close proximity to the majority of Marin population. Many cyclists and hikers enjoy recreation in an area which must be recognized and preserved. Scenic roads offer many advantages including:
1. Maintaining the scenic character of the corridor.
2. Allowing new developments & road improvements which do not have negative “visual impacts”.
3. Increasing Marin identity and pride - preserving community values.
4. Low cost for county government.
5. Complementing existing trails, open Space, and scenic areas.
The 2007 Marin Countywide Plan recognizes this as a goal, DES-4f, page 3-67, ““in order to preserve and enhance Marin’s scenic highway corridors.”
According to official election results 92,050 Marinites voted YES on Measure A (74%, that’s almost 3 out of 4 voters) proving that the protection of parks, open spaces, and scenic resources is greatly valued. We are currently working on “Scenic Lucas Valley Road.” Visit us at www.scenic-valley.org Please sign our petition to Supervisors at: