• Ah yes, it is October, so it must be time for Oktoberfest. Well, check out the Saturday from noon-5 p.m. at Old Corte Madera Square, Redwood Avenue & Tamalpais Drive. The Town Band will help get things started at noon, with music from Tom Torriglia (1:30 p.m.) and Lazy Horse (3 p.m.) to follow.
There will be offerings from 14 breweries and one winery, along with food from local restaurants.
Pumpkins and decorative squashes of all shapes and sizes will be sold at the Corte Madera Oktoberfest this Saturday, at Mehnke Park. All proceeds will be donated to the Corte Madera Beautification Committee. Many are unique heirloom varieties, and all were locally grown right here in Corte Madera. Come find a spooky Halloween jack o' lantern or the perfect decorations for your fall dinner tables.
• The county's LGBT community is holding a . at in Corte Madera. Max’s will contribute 5% of sales to Marin AIDS Project & Spectrum LGBT Center. Max's is located off Highway 101 at 60 Madera Blvd in Corte Madera.
• Let's hope the rains stay away so you can come out and join the at 9 a.m. Friday for a 3 mile (or so) jaunt that starts at . Did you know next year this group will be celebrating its 25th anniversary?
• Looking for more to do this weekend? Check out all the events listed for the weekend on our calendar.
• Do you have an event going that is not in our calendar? Well, our calendar is open for everyone to post your own events and have them go live on the site right away. We also have a video to show you the easy steps to add announcements to our site. You can check out the video right on this page.