There's plently do do in and around the Twin Cities this weekend, based on all the cool stuff listed on the Larkspur Corte Madera Patch Events Calendar
• Mimi the Sardine kicks off a two-day grand opening spectacular in Corte Madera on Friday with its “Eat, Spill, Be Happy Fest.” The event includes wine tasting, kids art workshops, cheese and rye bread slicing demos and tasting, live music, fusion finger foods, coffee and pastries from a local bakery, an open house by a local cookbook author, and more.
The store is located at 305 Montecito Avenue. The festivities will run between 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Friday, and 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. Saturday.
• Swing into the weekend with the fourth annual SPARK Golf Tournament on Friday. Busses will leave from the Tavern at Lark Creek Inn on Magnolia for StoneTree Golf Course. Enjoy a BBQ lunch, play a round of golf, compete for great prizes, and then head on back to the Tavern for cocktails in the Redwoods and dinner on the patio.
The entry fee is $275 for the full day, or $60 for dinner only.
• Julia Glass, author of The Widower's Tale, will be at Book Passage in Corte Madera at noon as part of the store's Literary Luncheon series. The $55 fee includes an autographed copy of the book and lunch.
• The College of Marin Drama Department brings to the community this weekend. See the legendary tales of Sheherezade brought to life in the COM Big Top, a giant tent on the central lawn of the Kentfield campus that serves serve as performance space during renovation of the Performing Arts Theatre.
• Head over to this weekend to check out "." The show closes on the 19th, so this is the last weekend to check it out.
• Sunday morning is Storytime at , with singer-songwriter . His music is primarily based in the folk tradition, accompanying himself on fingerstyle guitar, octave mandolin, and banjo. Smith is especially popular with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. However, all ages (including adults) love him.
• Looking for more to do this weekend? Check out all the events listed for the weekend on our calendar.
• Do you have an event going that is not in our calendar? Well, our calendar is open for everyone to post your own events and have them go live on the site right away.