The Larkspur Youth Film Festival will spotlight some amazing local talent on Sunday, April 29. The festival starts at 11:30 a.m., so come on out and help us support the locals.
Among the local film makers is Hall Middle School student Andrew Dawson, who produced the film Spell Tome.
Following is a Q&A with Andrew:
Andrew Dawson, 13, Larkspur
Hall Middle School, 7th grade
Film: Spell Tome (Narrative)
• How did you hear about the festival?
I walk by the theater everyday and saw the ads in the window.
• How did the idea for the film come about?
My friend Alex had the idea.
• What were the challenges of making the film?
It wasn't hard, we've both made hundreds of film using the same visual effects and editing techniques.
• What's the best part of being a film maker?
The creativity involved
• Would you like to pursue a career in movies? In what area?
Probably, I would like to direct and produce.
• What's your favorite movie?
The Hunger Games
• Who's your favorite actor/director?
My favorite director is James Cameron, my favorite actor is Leonardo DiCaprio.