A Corte Madera architect and a Larkspur real estate agent are among the 14 winners of a 2013 Spirit of Marin Award, Bank of Marin's business awards that will be doled out Sept. 27 at the St. Vincent’s School for Boys in San Rafael.
Corte Madera architect Michael Harlock and Matthew Broadway, a real estate agent with Madison Company Realtors in Larkspur, are among the recipients, who are chosen by the chambers of commerce in their respective towns to "recognize business leaders for their commitment to local communities and their success in business," said Bank of Marin President and CEO Russ Colombo.
Harlock is being recognized for his work on creating the master plan for the Old Corte Madera Square, developing the Piccolo Pavilion bandstand, and most recently, co-designing the patio and renovating the interior of the Corte Madera Community Center, a beloved relic from the 1950’s.
Here are all 14 of the recipients:
• Corte Madera Chamber of Commerce – Michael J. Harlock, AIA
• Fairfax Chamber of Commerce – Myles Babcock, Babcock Construction
• Hispanic Business Chamber of Marin – Hilda Castillo, St. Vincent De Paul Society
• Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Marin – Scott Adams, Comcast
• Larkspur Chamber of Commerce – Matthew Broadway, Madison Company Realtors
• Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce – The Aversa Family, La Ginestra Restaurant
• Novato Chamber of Commerce – Phillip and Eva Schlenker, Continental Jewelers
• Novato Chamber of Commerce – Brendan Moylan, Moylan’s Brewery & Restaurant
• San Anselmo Chamber of Commerce – Joan Capurro, Bank of Marin
• San Rafael Chamber of Commerce – David Haydon, Il Davide Restaurant
• San Rafael Chamber of Commerce – Heidi and Gary Kuhn, Roots of Peace
• Sausalito Chamber of Commerce – Tom Campagna, On-Site Relocation and Real Estate
• Tiburon Chamber of Commerce – Jim Wood, Marin Magazine
• West Marin Chamber of Commerce – Richard Kirschman
Lunch reservations are $50 per person before September 20 and $60 after that date. To make a reservation, go to: www.spiritofmarin.com