A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions. Here's a guide to specials in Marin.
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
- Applebee’s—free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11: Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
- Denny’s in Corte Madera—free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Outback Steakhouse in Marin City—free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes until Nov. 11: Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel with ID.
- 7-Eleven—free Slurpee, Sunday, Nov. 11: Available from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Offer good to all current and former military members. ID or proof of service required. 7-Eleven has stores at the following Marin locations:
- Mill Valley (349 Miller Ave)
- Mill Valley (371 Shoreline Hwy.)
- Mill Valley (650 Redwood Hwy.)
- Novato (800 Diablo Ave.)
- Novato (700 Redwood Blvd.)
- San Rafael (703 B St.)
- San Rafael (80 Medway Dr.)
- San Rafael (292 N. San Pedro Rd.)
- Fairfax (150 Bolinas Rd.)
- Fairfax (2402 Sir Francis Drake Blvd.)
- Home Depot (11 Shoreline Pkwy. in San Rafael) Military Discount: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’s Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- : Every Monday, including November 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases.
- Amazon.com—free MP3 album download “Veterans Day Honor”: Available at Amazon on Veterans Day. Download the album (album will be full price again starting Nov. 12).
- Sports Authority (Corte Madera Town Center and 212 Vintage Way in Novato) —15 percent off all purchases: All Veterans and Military personnel please stop by your local Sports Authority store to receive 15 percent off your entire purchase on Nov. 11, 2012. Please show proper identification or proof of service at check-out to receive this special offer.
Know of any other Veterans Day-related discounts? Let us know in the comments!