Released By Rotary Clubs of Marin County
Developing Tomorrow’s Leader- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) Application is Due December 31, 2013.
Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA), Rotary International’sleadership training program for young adults in 10th and 11th grades, is currently seeking applicants for the 2014 RYLA Camp scheduled for April 4-6, 2014, to be held at Westminster Woods in Occidental, CA.
RYLA is one of the most significant and fastest growing programs of Rotary service. Each year thousands of young people take part in the program worldwide. The impact spreads further as the program influences other young people. RYLA is Rotary's leadership training program for young adults. It is offered by Rotary districts around the world.
RYLA emphasizes leadership, citizenship, and personal growth. A program of Rotary International, the RYLA program for Rotary District 5150 is sponsored by local Rotary clubs in District 5150 (Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties) and are selected through a competitive online application process. All expenses are paid by RYLA and local Rotary clubs. For those who are selected to participate, this recognition offers the opportunity to build self-confidence, gain exposure to a variety of issues and people, meet active community leaders, and learn valuable information and life skills.
The Aims of RYLA are to:
- Demonstrate Rotary's respect and concern for youth
- Provide an effective training experience for selected youth and potential leaders
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth
- Recognize publicly young people who are rendering service to their communities
Every RYLA camp focuses on the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Ethics of Positive Leadership
- Importance of communication skills in effective leadership
- Problem solving and conflict management
- Rotary's purpose and service to the community
- Building self confidence and self esteem
To accomplish the above, RYLA camp activities are designedto:
- Assist each camper in developing a comprehensive view of leadership through emphasis on teamwork, motivation, and communication.
- Allow each camper to sharpen her/his particular strengths through attending talks on leadership, joining group/cabin discussions, and participating in camp committees.
- Broaden each camper's understanding and appreciation of others' unique qualities and abilities through participation in a cabin group and experiencing the cabin bonding process.
Registration deadline is December 31, 2103. For more information, pictures, videos of RYLA and to register, please go towww.ryla5150.org
Please click here for RYLA Brochure.
Information courtesy of Rotary District 5150 Rotary Youth Leadership Award