Former President Bill Clinton headlines a lineup of speakers that also includes Bay Area Rep. Nancy Pelosi and a number of prominent California legislators at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte Wednesday night.
If you have an appetite for more political oratory than the one hour the major networks have devoted to the conventions, you can watch it live on C-SPAN.
Here is Wednesday night’s schedule at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte:
5 p.m.- 6 p.m. (All times Eastern)
- Call to Order: Los Angeles Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa
- Invocation: Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie, 10th Episcopal District
- Presentation of Colors
- Pledge of Allegiance
- National Anthem: musician Branford Marsalis
- Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez of Illinois
- Rep. Diana DeGette of Colorado
- John A. Pérez, speaker of the California State Assembly
- Boston Mayor Thomas M. Menino
- Rep. Judy Chu of California
- Steve Westly, former state controller and CFO of California
- An Economy Built to Last video: Small Business
- Rep. John Larson of Connecticut
- Deputy Sheriff Ken Myers, Carroll County, Iowa
6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Richard Trumka, president, American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations
- Rep. Steve Israel of New York
- Sen. Patty Murray of Washington
- Pedro R. Pierluisi, non-voting member of U.S. House, resident commissioner of Puerto Rico
- An Economy Build to Last video: Energy
- Tom Steyer, co-founder of Advanced Energy Economy
- Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York
- Rep. Karen Bass of California
- Rep. Al Green of Texas
- Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II of Missouri
- Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy
7 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Denise Juneau, superintendent of the Montana Office of Public Instruction
- House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi of California
- Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack
- Sen. Barbara Mikulski of Maryland
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan
- Progress for People video: Education
- American Voices: Johanny Adames
- Former North Carolina Gov. Jim Hunt
- Video: in memoriam
- Harvey B. Gantt, former mayor of Charlotte, N.C.
- Live performance: singer/songwriter Jessica Sanchez
8 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Stronger Together video: Women's Health
- American Voices: Elizabeth Ann "Libby" Bruce
- Cecile Richards, president, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Rep. Steny Hoyer of Maryland
- Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts
- American Heroes video: Veterans
- American Voices: Ed Meagher
- Gen. Eric Shinseki
- Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
- Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper
- Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of Roman Catholic Social Justice Organization, NETWORK
- Delaware Gov. Jack Markell
9 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Karen Mills
- Progress for People video: Small Business
- American Voices: Bill Butcher
- California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris
- Stronger Together video: Immigration
- Benita Veliz, DREAM Act activist
- Cristina Saralegui, journalist, actress and talk show host
- Sandra Fluke, attorney and women's rights activist
- Austin Ligon, co-founder and former CEO of CarMax Inc.
- An Economy Build to Last video: Auto Industry
- American Voices: Karen Eusanio
- UAW President Bob King
- Randy Johnson, Cindy Hewitt and David Foster: former employees at companies controlled by Romney's Bain Capital
- Rep. Chris Van Hollen of Maryland
10 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Jim Sinegal, co-founder and former CEO of Costco
- Elizabeth Warren, candidate for Senate in Massachusetts
- Los Angeles Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa, chair of the 2012 Democratic National Convention Committee
- Former President Bill Clinton
- Roll call vote: Alice Germond, secretary of the Democratic National Committee
- Benediction: Rabbi David Wolpe of Sinai Temple, Los Angeles
- Retire Colors
Follow the developments around the November election! Sign up for our daily newsletter, “like” us on Facebook and “follow” us on Twitter to get news, blogs, announcements and events. Catch up with us on Foursquare. Want to share your opinions with your community? Start your own blog here.