The City of Larkspur is again asking residents to add their voices to the plans for the local SMART station.
The Station Area Plan Citizens Advisory Committee is asking the public to come together Thursday, Nov. 15, at 6:30 p.m. at the Twin Cities Police Station on Doherty Drive.
Tonight's agenda includes:
- Reviews of input from the Nov. 5 and Oct. 18 meetings
- A financial feasibility study
- Traffic studies and proposals for promoting alternative transportation
- Open discussion
Larkspur hosted a community workshop on Nov. 5 to generate ideas for the Larkspur Landing area station that will mark the end of the proposed line of the Sonoma Marin Area Rail Transit. That workshop revealed a number of thoughts from the public, including:
- Any potential increase in traffic on Sir Francis Drake Boulevard must be mitigated.
- Higher density and increased usage around Marin Country Mart, the ferry terminal, the Sanitary District site and the Larkspur Landing Cinema area is acceptable.
- Parking at the ferry terminal should be acceptable for future demands.
- Improvements to pedestrian and bicycle facilities are sorely needed.
The train station is planned for the Larkspur Landing area near the Marin Airporter. In conjunction with the proposed station, a pedestrian bridge spanning Sir Francis Drake is also in the works. The bridge is designed to improve pedestrian and bicycle traffic between the train station and the ferry terminal.
Have a favorite dining spot? Tell us! Sign up for our daily newsletter, “like” us on Facebook and “follow” us on Twitter to get news, blogs, announcements and events. Catch up with us on Foursquare. Want to share your opinions with your community? Add your voice to Larkspur-Corte Madera Patch.