Patch is celebrating the start of the games by posting Olympic trivia questions this week. Here are the answers for Round 3. The correct answer is in BOLD:
1. "Which of these cities has never hosted the Games?"
- Madrid. Moscow hosted in 1980, Seoul in 1988 and Melbourne in 1956.
2. True or false. The United States has never won a gold medal in any fencing event that is currently still part of the Olympics
3. When were women first allowed to compete in the modern Olympics?
4. One of the events in which men compete directly with women is Sailing. Which is the other?
Looking for a way to celebrate the Olympics locally? Check out our Directory and Events Calendar for listings of places where you can learn and participate in Olympic sports ranging from basketball to karate, gymnastics, swimming and more.