Do you remember the railroad that used to run through Kentfield? Or any of the landmarks that used to be part of the area?
County librarian Laurie Thompson will speak about the origins of Kentfield from 7 to 8 p.m., May 3 at the Corte Madera Library. The event is free and open to the public.
Here are a few other ideas to start your week:
• The Great Broadway Sing-Along mixes performance with audience participation in an evening of classic show tunes at the Lark Theater at 7:30 p.m. Full lyrics will be provided.
• Marin Catholic's boys volleyball team hosts San Marin on Wednesday.
• Redwood meets Tam's girls on the soccer field Wednesday at 4:30 p.m.
• Calling all book lovers! Come to The Village for a good giggle with your children every Wednesday at 11 a.m., next to Muzzy Marsh.
• Once you've had your laughs, it's time to fill your belly. Hop on over to the Town Center for the farmer's market every Wednesday, noon to 5 p.m.