• A resident of the 400 block of Via Casitas reported via 9-1-1 she could hear a male subject yelling in the street fronting the apartments. A second caller reported the same and that the subject was pounding on a door and yelling. Officers responded and located the male subject, a Petaluma man, who was arrested for Public Intoxication. He was booked at the Marin County Jail.
• A resident of the 500 block of Via Casitas reported her windshield was vandalized on her vehicle. Two other vehicles were also located with damage. The owners were contacted and the Vandalism was documented.
• A resident of Corte Del Norte reported someone pried open the lock and broke into his storage unit. He advised his belongings were rummaged through, but did not note any loss at this time. Documentation was provided for the incident.
• A resident of the 300 building of Old Quarry Road North reported a piece of garden art, valued at approximately $125, was stolen from their yard. Documentation was provided for the theft.
• A resident of the 500 building of Lincoln Village Circle reported he is the victim of an attempted "lottery" fraud. He advised he received a letter from the Mega Millions saying he had won.
When he called the phone number given, he was told he has to pay some fees prior to receiving his money. The letter stated he must pay for a California Highway Patrol escort to bring the winnings to
his house. When he told them that he needs to see someone in person, and he received a FAX, then got a phone call from either a police dept or the FBI telling him he had in fact won. He did not pay any monies and there is no loss. A report was taken to document the attempted fraud.
• A resident of Corte Del Norte reported her storage unit had been broken into via the lock being cut. She advised that it does not appear anything is missing. A Residential Burglary report was taken for documentation.
• A resident of the 30 block of Via Holon reported someone broke into her vehicle. She said she heard some noise during the evening, but she did not witness anything. She reported that $80 was stolen. Documentation was provided for the theft.
• A Kentfield resident reported his iPhone was stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at Piper Park. He stated that his vehicle window was slightly open. He has attempted to track the phone via
GPS, but it was turned off. The phone had a black corrugated cover. The approximate value is $646. Documentation was provided for the theft.
• A resident of the 100 block of Paseo Way reported she received a call from a subject purporting to be an agent with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), claimed she had ordered 100,000 hydrocodone pills online and that she was going to be arrested and needed to pay a fine. She had already wired $1,000 to the Dominican Republic. Documentation was provided for the Fraud.
• A resident of the 300 building of Lincoln Village Circle reported his vehicle was broken into. The loss is approximately $450. He reported that the vehicle was possibly left unlocked. Documentation was provided for the theft.
• A resident of the 100 block of Madrone Avenue reported that she had been the victim of a Fraud. A report was taken.
• Loss Prevention Agents for Nordstrom, located in the Village Shopping Center, reported they had a subject detained for the theft of $80 worth of merchandise. A Corte Madera juvenile female was arrested for Commercial Burglary. She was released to her father at the scene on a citation.
• A resident of the 900 block of South Eliseo Drive reported sometime during the night, his unlocked vehicles were entered. Taken were sunglasses and an iPod. Documentation was provided for the incident.
• A Kentfield resident reported that while her vehicle was parked in the lot at the Denny’s Restaurant, 5839 Paradise Drive, it was broken into via the left rear window being smashed. Taken was a backpack containing an Apple Macbook, valued at $1,200. An Auto Burglary report was taken.
• Pursuant to a traffic stop in the area of Tamalpais Drive and Willow Avenue, a Sausalito man was arrested for Driving While Under the Influence and booked into the Marin County Jail.
• Loss Prevention Agents for Nordstrom, located in the Village Shopping Center, reported they had a subject in custody for the theft of merchandise. The loss is $10. They advised that the subject also had knives and drug paraphernalia on him. A Mill Valley man was arrested for Possession of Narcotics, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Narcotics Paraphernalia, and Shoplifting. He was booked at the Marin County Jail.
• Pursuant to being contacted to the rear of a closed business in the 10 block of East Sir Francis Drake Boulevard, a homeless man was arrested for Possession of Stolen Property. He was booked at the Marin County Jail.
• A resident of the 10 block of Cheyenne Way reported someone entered his garage and took a Specialized Roubaix, white with black trim, men's 14 speed bicycle. Also taken were cycling shoes, a helmet,
and a bike computer that was on the bike. The loss is approximately $2,800. A Residential Burglary report was taken.
• A resident of the 10 block of Locust Avenue reported a check she had placed in the mail in Mill Valley had been stolen and cashed. An additional name was added to the payee line and then the check was second partied to another name and was deposited into an account at an ATM. A Fraud report was taken. There is further action pending.
• A resident of the 300 block of Via Hidalgo reported her vehicle was taken from in front of her residence. She stated the keys were not with the vehicle. The area was checked for the vehicle with negative results. An Auto Theft report taken and the vehicle was entered into the Stolen Vehicle System.
• A resident of the 100 block of Sandpiper Circle reported he received a bill from A.T.&T. stating he owes approximately $2,000, however, he does not have an account with AT&T. Five iPhone’s were
purchased from the Apple Store in Santa Rosa using an account opened in his name. An Identity Theft report was taken. The report will be forwarded to Santa Rosa Police Department for follow-up on the fraud.
• A resident of the 40 block of Mohawk Avenue reported a Fastrak transponder was taken from their unlocked vehicle approximately two weeks ago. Documentation was provided for the theft.
• A resident of the 200 block of Lower Via Casitas reported via 9-1-1 that someone took his vehicle. An Auto Theft report was taken. The vehicle was entered into the Stolen Vehicle System.
During this one week time period, Twin Cities Police had 305 calls for service. This included three calls related to accidents with minor injuries, two hit and run accidents and five property damage only accidents. There were two auto burglaries, one commercial burglary and three residential burglaries. There was one call related to Driving while Intoxicated, resulting in one arrest.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something